Saturday, June 16, 2012

Thai soup

I’m inspired by the BBC video series by Nigel Slate called “Simple Suppers”. He has a recipe for a Thai Curry paste. It is ground lemon grass, ginger, spring onions, garlic, chilies,and coriander. You can add this fresh paste to a soup made of fresh vegetables like tomato and eggplant. And of course coconut milk, chicken broth , fish sauce, and some sort of meat. I’m going to use the left over chicken from last night. I have one large chopped baked chicken breast. You could add shrimp or beef. To this soup you can add a few glass noodles. These noodles don’t need to be cooked. You just take a package of noodles and soak them in hot water for a few minutes. I may grate a few fresh carrots in for color and texture. I’ll top with fresh coriander and fresh lime. It sounds really complex, but it’s not. It comes together very fast. The trick is the freshly ground spices. I love Thai food. My kids will love this soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment