Saturday, June 16, 2012

for the salad

I canned some of my veggies in flavored oil. First I chopped a good variety of vegetables (radishes, carrots, onions, cabbage, kohlrabi, bell peppers and garlic). I blanched the vegetables in a mix of salt water and red wine vinegar. Then I drained the veggies and fill the jars. Finally I made a oil with olive oil, sunflower oil, limes and oregano, and chopped peppers. I covered the veggies with this oil mix. I cleaned the jars and processed them in my canning pot for 25 minutes. I should be able to use this mix on salads. I have so much lettuce in my garden. We will be eating allot of salad this summer. It looks so beautiful, and I hope it taste even better. I got the basic idea from a Jamie Oliver video. We are eating sausages with Nicolas home made ketchup for lunch. Juergen is driving home from a good visit with his family. I don't know any details, but I hear the birthday party was really good. Richard (Juergen's dad) was blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment