Tuesday, February 3, 2009
This is a idea Carina. She got it from the Canadian Living cookbook.
My mom made Scalloped potatoes & I love them. You can add peas and carrots and some pieces of ham. You can also add some cheese. I haven't made them in years. Great idea!
6 potatoes (Yukon gold, if you can get them)
1 small onion
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
2 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
sprinkle of pepper
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour. Cook paste for 1 minute.
2. Slowly add milk while stirring briskly. Add salt and pepper. Cook until thick (about 5 minutes).
3. Take of heat.
4. Thinly slice potatoes. Chop onions.
5. Grease 8x8 pan. Layer 1/3 of potatoes and 1/2 of onion into pan. Repeat. Finish with layer of potatoes.
6. Pour sauce over potatoes.
7. Cover and bake for 1 hour at 350degrees F. Then uncover and bake 30 more minutes.
8. Rest 5 min before serving.