Thursday, February 12, 2009

It came!!! It came!!!!


I got my crock-pot in the mail today! I am so excited to see how it works. I had some beans, so I put them in the pot with a chopped onion, and one clove of garlic. I added some water, and a little vegetable bullion for taste. I am going to cook this on low for 8 hours. If it works out, I should have some good beans to serve with rice, salad and tortillas tomorrow. I grew up eating fresh beans and rice. This is one of my favorite things to eat. Beans are also perfect protein when served with rice. The best part about beans is the fiber. Fiber is very important for good intestinal health. Your intestines are your bodies largest immune organ. Fiber also helps you lower your level of cholesterol. I am basically a healthy person (I'm pushing 50). My cholesterol is in the normal range, but on the high side of normal. High cholesterol runs in my family. If I'm going to have health issues cholesterol is going to be my problem. I am trying very hard to stop the trend now. I am trying to increase the amount of fiber I eat daily. Beans are loaded with fiber. They are a cheap and tasty way to protect your health. My kids don't realize it, but I've been slowly increasing the number of meals they eat that include beans. We are now eating beans about 3 times per week. In time we may eat beans daily. If you have trouble with gas from beans try this stuff called beano. It is a enzyme you add to your beans. This enzyme breaks the beans up, and helps you digest them fully. You may also want to eat your beans with a few tablets of green alga (chlorella). Chlorella also has enzymes that help you digest beans.

HERE
is some more information about beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment